- Contact Us
Mobile technology has transformed so many aspects of our lives: how we work, how we communicate, how we study and how we play. This fifth international m-libraries conference, entitled "m-libraries: From devices to people", will explore and share work carried out in libraries around the world to deliver services and resources to users via a growing number of mobile and hand-held devices.
Hosted by The Open University (UK) and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, this conference will bring together researchers, educators, technical developers, managers and library professionals to exchange experience and expertise and to generate ideas for future developments on the following themes:
1. Best practice for the use of mobile technologies in libraries
2. Challenges and strategies involved in embracing mobile innovation for libraries
3. Mobile technologies and open education resources (OER)
4. The impact of ubiquitous and wearable technologies on the future of libraries
5. Harnessing the future for teaching and learning with mobile technologies
6. Mobile technologies enhancing Information Access for all and pursuing the millennium development goals
"For me, the conference was an eye-opener. It exposed me to lots of projects, ideas, technologies and trends in the information industry."
2012 m-libraries Conference delegate
This exciting and engaging conference will be held at the Lecture Theatre 5, Lee Shau Kee Building, The Chinese University of Hong Kong from May 27-30, 2014.
Key programs include:
1. Pre-conference workshop (optional) - May 27
2. m-libraries conference - May 28 & 29
3. Post-conference library visits (optional) - May 30
You are welcome to advertise this conference within your organisation by downloading the 2014 conference flyer.